Thursday, June 30, 2011

I Love the Outdoors


Coopers Rock, WV
(Sunday, June 26, 2011)


The Lost Crag
(Tuesday, June 28, 2011)


Coopers Rock, WV
(Wednesday, June 29, 2011)

We have spent A LOT of time outside lately.  And I wouldn't have it any other way.  We are starting to get back into rock climbing after the "incident".  We took an outdoor climbing class on Sunday at Coopers Rock to learn everything there is to know about outdoor climbing compared to indoor climbing.  It was so awesome.  We were so excited after the class, that we decide to head out on Tuesday night to try it out on our own.  We went to the Lost Crag, which is where we've bouldered before (and where Brett broke his foot).  This was a total bust.  Everything was soaking wet and it wasn't even a good place to climb anyway.  We decided to veto that place from now on.

Bummed that we didn't get to climb Tuesday night, we decide to try again Wednesday by going back to Coopers Rock.  PERFECT!  This place is awesome.  And so perfect for climbing.  I didn't take any pictures during our climbing session.  But I did snap some photos of the awesome overlook.  Last night, we finished climbing and headed over to the overlook just in time to catch this awesome sunset (above). 

I love, love, LOVE the outdoors.
HAPPY SUMMER!!*

3 comments:

  1. I love the outdoors as well! It looks so pretty where u live. My fil is into rock climbing and we have been begging him to take us for years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL pics! And darling blog! I'll def. be following now :) Have a great night, new bloggy friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great pictures, and make me want to leave the city for a day or two! It's cool that you guys have rock climbing options so close to you. My version of the outdoors was walking through our neighborhood to a park the other night :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments & you! <3