Thursday, June 16, 2011

Hilton Head Island - Day 6

Our last day in Hilton Head... heading home that night... Sad.  We spent the morning biking around the island and eating delicious Mexican food for lunch before making the drive back to the Atlanta airport.  We were seriously depressed all morning.  Numerous times we contemplated booking a few more nights and extending our vacation, but we had to be at a wedding that weekend, so no bueno.  Hilton Head is one of our most favorite places to go for a nice, relaxing escape.  We are already counting down the days until we are reunited with this sweet, sweet island.  

The Barony Beach grounds are so pretty
Loved these tree/flower things
Smiling, but actually really sad on the inside because we are leaving...
Saying bye to the ocean one last time
Hilton Head Island flowers to end our trip
We made our way to Atlanta in the late afternoon and happily discovered that there was a Mellow Mushroom near the airport.  So obviously we stopped for dinner before catching our flight back to Pittsburgh.  That put us at a total count of 3 times that we ate Mellow Mushroom during this trip... :)  We landed in Pittsburgh around midnight and were home sweet home by 1am, dreaming about where we just were.

Ahhh, Hilton Head.  We'll be back! 


8 comments:

  1. I just discovered your blog by complete chance and I'm so glad I did !!! I love it ! J'adore :)

    I'm your newest follower. It's too late in Paris right now, I need to go to bed - but I'll definitely come back for more.

    Bisous !

    ReplyDelete
  2. not fair! you just made me soooo miss the beach (: love HH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anna! I lovvvve your hilton head vaca photos! What a great time you guys had! I love summer too! Oh for an endless suummer! xox!

    ReplyDelete
  4. we used to go to hilton head at least once a summer when i lived in south carolina. loved it there. biking on the beach. my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog today and you have me wishing it was sunny here in the UK! I am following, hope you will to, Pearl x

    http://fashionpearlsofwisdom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your blog. I absolutely love it! Thanks for sharing your Hilton Head Island vacation story. It makes me long for the beach.

    Keep up the great work. Your photos are simply amazing. I wish my photos were as nice [it's a work in progress]!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Anna,
    My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
    I was looking for blogs about Hilton Head to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
    Hope to hear from you!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete

I love comments & you! <3