Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Mini Beach Getaway

{Hilton Head Island - April 2010}

This weekend, the temperatures were in the SINGLE DIGITS. Unacceptable. Do you know how difficult it is to read other people's blogs who live in warm places like California, Australia, etc? VERY difficult. It makes me long for warm weather and sunshine and summer dresses. Instead, I'm stuck with -4 degrees wind chill, gloomy days, layers upon layers, and warm boots. However, (here comes the positivity) there HAS been some sunshine, so I gotta give props to the big ol' sun up there. She's trying her best, even if the temperatures won't agree with her.

Thinking positively over here though... I know it IS January in Pittsburgh, so it's supposed to be cold and I need to deal with that. I just always get that warm weather itch towards the end of January, after all the holidays are over and Christmas decorations come down. So naturally, I start dreaming about a warm beach vacation that will sweep me away from the cold and plant me in the sand, with a tasty drink and warm sunny rays. A couple years ago, Brett and I started taking a mini Spring beach trip down South each year to escape the cold wintery North. We went to Hilton Head Island (pictured above) for the first time in Spring 2008 and completely fell in love with the place. We've been there twice now and are planning another trip there in April this year! It's such a nice little escape. Even though we are only gone for a few days, it really is such a sweet little vacation to get away from everything and just relax.
I.CAN'T.WAIT.

Where is your favorite place to go to escape from the weather, your job, your daily routine, etc?

***
PS - Thinking about starting to post some vlogs on my blog... how do you guys feel about that?

9 comments:

  1. It is hard to concentrate when others get beachy weather because it's unfair!! It makes me wanna move far away, that's for sure!

    Do some vlogs, I love them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh girl I'm sorry it is so cold! my daddy played for the pirates and we lived in pit! it was the colllldest!!

    love hilton head and these photos - so dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are fantastic! Glad you were able to plan another trip this April...something to look forward to!! I complain about the cold in Vancouver right now, but I bet Pittsburgh is much colder so I won't even go there ;)
    Vlogs are super fun, I say go for it!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, No Strings Attached is a fabulous movie! It would be great to see while on a date with your husband. I seriously loved it. I find Ashton Kutcher to be very charming.

    As far as the cold, I totally understand. At the moment I am dying to go to Thailand and think I may do so this summer...we'll see. No winter getaways for me this year!

    And...a vlog would be fabulous! I think you should definitely do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh goodness dear, i accidentally deleted your comment! i'm so sorry, it was very sweet and know that i read it and LOVED it :)


    i'm also very very happy to have come up on your blog :) you have a new follower in me!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know this is going to sound crazy, but it is so damn hot here that I would trade places with you if I could! I had to go for 3 swims yesterday in an attempt to cool down, and it was so muggy it feels like you should be eating the air rather than trying to breathe it.

    Anyway... vlogs are sweet, go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, one more thing....my sister is also 10 years younger than me!!!! Gahhh! So much in common! Actually she's exactly 9.5 years younger. She's 17.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for the sweet comments! I'll be sure to respond via your blogs! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. <3 hilton head.. I was there last october.. riding bikes on the beach is definitely where it's at :)

    and yeahhh I could go for some warmer weather.. ny is getting hit baaad this year too- ick.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments & you! <3