Monday, March 7, 2011

Things I Learned This Weekend


A few things I learned this weekend:

1.  Sometimes it's best NOT to experience a dive bar that you've never been to.  If you do, you will end up being surrounded by older people drinking sutter home wine and listening to an awful bar band... (think 50 year old men singing Lady Gaga's "Just Dance").

2.  Don't try to paint your nails after drinking 2 cups of coffee.  You will absolutely not have steady hands.

3.  Always take your husband grocery shopping at a store that sells good beer, offers free beer samplings, and has a cafe with delicious lunches.  (Market District is amazing).

4.  Put a man behind a grill and that is a happy man, especially if he has been waiting to use it since Christmas.

5.  Grilled portobello burgers are waaaaay better than grilled eggplant burgers.

6.  Just because it was 60 degrees out on Saturday, doesn't mean that it won't snow all day the next day...

Did you learn anything interesting over the weekend?  I'd love to hear!  Anything to make this Monday morning keep rolling on... Here's to a short week!  (I have Friday off, woo!) 

8 comments:

  1. I learned that there is a new cupcake/cake/yumminess shop round the corner from one of my favourite bar/cafes. It's call mimi's and it's totally cute inside!

    I learned that some "old man pubs" can have a lot of character and be quite nice and cosy rather than yucky and well.. yucky...

    I learned that grown boys (circa 30yrs old) use the word "cute" and some will even skip when they see a cute cupcake shop!

    I also learned the joy of playing tourist in my own city!

    I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is up with this PA weather?? I spent 20 minutes this morning trying to simply open my car door after all the snow and ice!! whaa...??

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've totally learned #1 before! it's snowing there? miserable! it just rained a ton here. btw i saw your nail polish on instagram.. is it mettalic or just super shiny? love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the eggplant vs. hamburger burgers!

    I learned that a puppy are most definitely a lot more work than a two year old extremely well behaved husky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that food looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hah! My list includes never ever take your husband grocery shopping without any free samples and all he can do is ask when we are gonna eat! xox!

    ReplyDelete
  7. BAHAHAHA #4 is killing me...men and their bbqs. I'll never understand it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I avoid dive bars but I will admit I do love me some cheap sutter home wine.

    & grilled portobello burgers? YUM!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments & you! <3