Saturday, March 26, 2011

Bouldering at Lost Crag

Okay, I know that it is already the next weekend... but I just had to document the previous weekend!  Last Saturday, Brett and I went hiking and bouldering (rock climbing) at Lost Crag near Ohiopyle.  It was our first time climbing outside.  We've been climbing inside all winter at a climbing gym and couldn't wait to try it outside.  When we found out the weather was going to be in the upper 50s, we couldn't pass this opportunity up!  It was so.much.fun.  I can't believe how much I love this activity.  The hike was beautiful, even though everything was still pretty bare from Winter.  When we reached the rocks, we were the only ones there.  It was so awesome to be back outside again, after being stuck inside all Winter long.  It was such a great day.  I can't even put into words how much love I have for the outdoors...  







 



 


And of course, ice cream is a very important part of the day!  I can't wait to get back out there again.  The temperatures are back down into the 30s right now... ugh.  But I'm really hoping we can get back outside again anyways.  Love it!

Do you guys love being outside?  Do you hike or camp or do any kind of outdoor activities?  I am just always so amazed by nature and the outdoors.

Hope you're having a great weekend!!

12 comments:

  1. rock climbimg?! that looks like so much fun! i think i remember trying it indoors at summer camp as a kid. this summer i'd love to go camping as many times as possible, and when we're not camping, we're hiking....lol my Bf and I have just recently moved to Vancouver, so we've got plenty to explore!
    enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks amazing! We LOVE being outside and are so lucky it is so nice 8 months of the year here- I definitely want to go climbing sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness - that looks like so much fun! And, you still manage to look gorgeous after trekking around and climbing rocks (you lucky girl!) Glad you got to get out and enjoy nature! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that looks amazing! I love how outdoorsy you are.. and that ice cream pic is priceless :)
    Left you an award at my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO FUN!!! I love the outdoors! When I was a little girl I wanted a house made of HEDGES! :P

    Jen and I camp, like tent camp! I hear so many people say camp and they mean in a trailer. :( We go hiking and boating and we play airsoft in some awesome outdoor fields!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys are incredible! Those photos are so great - you two look like you're so much fun. Maybe the best date :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks chilly, but that is the best bouldering weather! Sounds like a perfect day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. amazing pics! you look like have so much fun!!

    i'm following!
    Look on my blog and if you like it, follow me!

    www.hopethinkknow.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it!
    I love the outdoors (apart from the mosquitoes who seem to LOVE me).. tho I must say, I like my creature comforts, so I'd rather stay in a cabin or a beach house than a tent.. :)


    I tagged you in a handwriting game. :)

    http://cazmonkeysaround.blogspot.com/2011/03/chicken-scrawl.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks like so much funnnnnn! i can't wait to get back outside. i miss that 70 degree day we had a little while ago.. not fair. oh i'm heading into your state today! haha, well just to philly, but it's still your state.. i'll wave hi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I'm not a hiker, but this looks like a blast! 30 degrees? You're brave!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woah looks super fun! I'm not much of an outdoors person, I try to get into hiking but I'm still a novice. I totally appreciate those who embrace the outdoors and do a tons of cool activities. It always looks like such a good time :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments & you! <3