Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Open Your Eyes...


Even though Brett and I love (and I mean love) to travel all over the place and go on fun and memorable vacations, obviously we can't live life vacationing all year round (though we'd like to!).  So in the mean time, between our great trips, we like to take advantage of all the fun mini adventures we can go on close to home.  Whether it's finding a new place to hike or biking in a park we've been to numerous times before, just getting out there and exploring is what keeps us sane between big trips.  This past Sunday we did just that: threw the bikes on the car and drove down to Mingo Creek Park for some weekend biking fun.  I had a big ol' smile on my face the whole afternoon.  It's amazing what you can discover so close to home if you just open your eyes.

5 comments:

  1. I completely agree! Exploring your own area can be so fun and feel like a mini adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Great reminder - and great pix!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos! I love adventuring around home for a little "staycation".

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES! it is amazing!
    Always be eyes wide open :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments & you! <3