Thursday, August 2, 2012

CAL-I-FORN-I-A!

If you follow me on twitter, you may have seen me mention...


That's right!  We're heading back to California in September!  We'll be spending 10 glorious days exploring and adventuring around the sunny west coast.  We just can't stay away.  When we first visited California in 2010 on our honeymoon, we were instantly hooked.  We made our way back again last year and spent a relaxing week in San Clemente, which obviously reassured our obsession.  And now here we are again, planning a vacation and California is the winner.  I swear, Brett and I always say we'd move there in a heartbeat if it weren't for our families over here on the east coast. 

This time around, we'll be flying into San Francisco, renting a car, and going a little road trip.  First, we'll head up to wine country for a few days of wine tastings and brewery tours.  Then, we'll make our way over to Yosemite (!!) for a few days of hiking and camping in the most beautiful place on earth.  We'll finish up (with many fun stops along the way) in San Clemente for 4 glorious, relaxing days at the beach and then fly out of Los Angeles.  To say I am excited... is a complete understatement.  I CAN'T WAIT!

To all you California peeps,
since we'll be making our way through much of the state,
what are some must-sees/dos along the way?!

The countdown is on:
36 days!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great trip you have planned! Welcome back to Cali! I love it here too! Cali Girl forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a great itinerary! i'm in sonoma and i just did a post the other day on my favorite spots. i'm sure it's already on your list, but you would definitely love russian river brewing company in santa rosa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that sounds like a trip of a lifetime. Cannot wait to hear your stories and see pictures. We loved San Francisco and Yosemite was lifechanging when I went as a teen! Next on our list for West coast visiting is definitely wine country and Portland :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take a million pictures!!!! That sounds so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you MUST drive the cliffs of Big Sur- it's the most glorious, gorgeous, serene place i've been to (:

    it's also where we happened to get married (: seriously. it's a MUST.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments & you! <3