Thursday, November 1, 2012

Matanzas Creek - Santa Rosa {California 2012 Recap}

Continuing on with my California trip recaps... (I am more posting these for me to look back on in the future, so bare with me through all of these recap posts!).

On our second (and last) day in wine country, we had 2 winery visits on the schedule.  First up: Matanzas Creek Winery.  This winery was by far our most favorite of the trip!  The grounds were absolutely gorgeous, we got a personal tour, and in addition to making wine, they grew their own lavender.  This winery was simply stunning and the wine was delicious too!

Our personal winery tour (from such a nice guy!)...

Wine tastings in their amazing building...

And some more roaming by ourselves around these amazing grounds...

There was barely anyone else there while we were.  It was so peaceful and relaxing; we could have stayed here all day.  But of course, we could not - we had a second winery to visit!  

Up next... Gundlach Bundschu Winery!

1 comment:

  1. Looks amazing!!

    I love all that lavender! I want to take a nap in there! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments & you! <3