Friday, November 2, 2012

Gundlach Bundschu Winery - Sonoma {California 2012 Recap}

After leaving Matanzas Creek Winery, we had a little lunch picnic in a Sonoma park, then continued on to our last winery of the trip:  Gundlach Bundschu.  We had reservations for the afternoon winery tour & were glad we planned ahead because it was a full group!  The tour was great - Our guide took us into the vineyard and around the grounds, explaining the wine making process and different types of wines they make.  We concluded our tour with being lead into their wine cave for a variety of tastings.  This was most definitely one of the top wineries we visited.  So glad it made the cut! 

Guided winery tour (with a super funny tour guide!)...

Into the wine cave for some tastings...

And nothing tops off a day full of wine touring like some sunset swimming...
(Brett swam, I laughed - it was freezing!)

That wraps up my recaps from "Part 1" of our California trip!
Time to head down to Kings Canyon for "Part 2"!

4 comments:

  1. I love your posts Anna! Ait's a joy to read them.
    besides those lovely photos, you did try a lot of wines you lucky girl ahaha I once visited a wine cave in Porto and they only let me try the brandy:(AHA
    What a good time you had, and such good weather, all that sun light argh:D
    Good weekend
    Beijinhos***

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! This was probably my favorite winery we visited (and I have some of the exact same pictures!). It's a really cool tour with cool information too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh I love Napa Valley! So much fun and so pretty. It sounds like you guys had a great time. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments & you! <3