Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Happy May!


 Happy May!  (a few days late...)

I honestly can't believe it's already May.  This year is seriously flying by.  But I must say, I love the month of May!  It's my birthday month and reminds me that Summer is near!  We have a lot going on in the month of May this year & I can't wait.

On Saturday night, we will be seeing one of our newly favorite bands in concert: The Bridge.  We saw them for the first time this Winter and their show was so.much.fun.  We've been waiting for them to come back to Pittsburgh and the time is finally here!

Throughout the month, we are also continuing to go through the process of buying our first home.  We've been looking at a lot of house and narrowing down exactly what we want in a home.  It's a lot to think about and figure out, but just knowing that soon (hopefully) we will be living in our very own home makes me so happy and excited.

One of the biggest things I'm looking forward to in May is Brett's broken foot finally healing.  He has his check-up appointment next Monday and will hopefully get the okay to take his walking boot cast off for good.  This past month has been really hard, obviously for Brett more than me, and I have felt so helpless.  There's nothing I can do to make him feel better (...besides not break his foot to begin with!).  I just can't wait until things are back to normal and I have my 2-footed husband back.

My brother's wedding is also coming up in less than 2 weeks!  On May 14th, my brother Lee and my best friend Jess will be getting married and I'll finally get to call Jess my official Sister-In-Law!  I can't wait, it's going to be a great time.

Then, on May 19th, I'll officially be in my mid-to-late 20s... I don't know how I feel about this.  I think 26 is still considered mid 20s, right?!  My 25th year on this Earth was a really, really great one.  I hope 26 will be even better!

And of course, I cannot forget our Hilton Head Island trip (and I'm sure neither can you because it's all I ever talk about...)!  In 17 days, we will be road-tripping down the coast to our relaxing, perfect, island paradise.  It is this that I am most excited about in the month of May...  Nothing makes me happier than traveling with my favorite traveling partner, the husband.  We have so much fun together and I can't wait to escape the day-to-day routine to go spend the week in true vacation bliss.

What do you guys have planned for May?  Anything fun?  I want to hear!*

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful picture and sounds like a beautiful month!!! YAY MAY!!!

    We've already gone to the zoo (yesterday) and today I officially became a paid, professional artist! Great start to a great month!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how fast this year is flying by either! Holy cow - time just seems to move faster. Looks like you have a great month coming up though! :) Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you've got a lot going on this month! I guess I do as well, this month i'm graduating from yoga teacher training, i've just started a new part time job, just gotten my first major freelance contract, and i'm editing a book. I'm a busy bee! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hip Hooray for May! And it sounds like you will have a great one. Congrats and good luck on the house hunt. Buying a house is so exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like such a great month you have planned! Glad the hubby is healing up alright...your vacation is so close!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments & you! <3