Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Morning Sunrise... and an Early Spring?!

This week, my car has been in the shop for inspection, so Brett and I have been carpooling to work.  Brett has been nice enough to share his car until I get mine back (hopefully tonight).  On normal days when I have my own car, I'm out the door around 6:10am.  It's pitch black when I arrive at work in the morning.  Since we are carpooling, I've been leaving for work later than usual (around 7:10am) and driving into work as the sun is coming up.  Oh my goodness... what a change it is driving an hour later... this is what I've been missing out on!

Snapped this as we were piling into the car at our house this morning:

 

And then, as I drove to work... I witnessed such a beautiful sunrise.
It put me in a great mood instantly.


The clouds almost look like fire, don't they?  It was such a beautiful sight.  And I have to give mad props to Brett for being so great about sharing a car.  I know it sucks when two people, who both work full-time jobs in different parts of town, have to share a car.  Routines are thrown out the window and you have to compromise.  But, I baked him delicious chocolate chip cookies last night as a thank you... so it's okay, right?  (A post on those cookies will be coming later...)

Once I get my car back, I will still continue my normal routine of leaving around 6:10am (there's SO much less traffic at that time...), but it's nice to change it up every once in a while.  You never know what you might stumble upon, like a gorgeous sunrise that just makes you thankful to be alive.

Hope you guys are having a great Wednesday!
Oh, and Happy Groundhog's Day!
 Punxsutawney Phil is predicting an early Spring...
Hallelujah!*

4 comments:

  1. "Early morning sunshine tell me all I need to know"
    -Allman Brothers

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the bright orange clouds! gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Sutton - I am loving these lyrics. :) Love the Allman Brothers!

    @Eva - They were such a sight to see. Put me in such a great mood!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful photos! yes, phil predicted an early spring, but i think he might be playing a joke on us... have a good weekend!

    <3 megan
    http://www.suitcaseandstilettos.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments & you! <3