Thursday, February 3, 2011

"Life is Uncertain. Eat Dessert First."

A few nights ago, I baked some chocolate chip cookies (as I mentioned yesterday)...  






I made these cookies for Brett (they're always for Brett), since he's been sharing his car with me this week.  And I'm happy to report, as of last night I have my car back again!  And the cookies are already half gone... Oops.  In my defense, Brett has eaten waaay more than I have.  :)

Let me be honest here... sometimes when I make chocolate chip cookies, I just use the recipe on the back of the chocolate chip bag.  That's how I made these.  And they are still damn good!  I think I use a different recipe every time I make chocolate chip cookies.  There are soo many variation.  But it seems that they always come out pretty good!  So I'm okay with that...  

Oh, and hi... sometimes I get bored while I'm waiting for the cookies to bake... awkward.

14 comments:

  1. I'm guilty of recipe hopping, too! Last year I went on a "hunt" for the best one and probably baked 30 batches of cookies in a few months time. My husband LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is my mantra... dessert first!!! those look so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg. my stomach literally making me go to the kitchen to try to reproduce those pictures. amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL you're really not helping me avoid eating sweets, those cookies look ahhhmazing! Glad to know I'm not the only one who uses the recipe on the package sometimes xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd like about ten of those... right this second. delish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the snow is falling, the little man is napping, and i've got some cookies in the fridge ready to be baked. thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohmylanta that cookie dough looks so good. I think I know what I'll be doing after I'm done with my grown-up responsibilities for the day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes, I say, "Only dessert."

    I, too, always hunt for variations on recipes and frequently just resort to the tried and true! Maybe you should spread some Nutella on those???? Hmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look super yummy! The other day I really wanted to make chocolate chip cookies, but it was way too hot so I ended up with those popsicles instead :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ahh. my cookies never come out that delicious looking! i'm hungrryyy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not even a big fan of choco chip cookies, but those look delish!!! :)

    You look so cute in your pic, love your side braid. <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. mmm...actually it's the dough that I want even more than the cookies :/

    http://bottleblack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for all your sweet comments! These cookies were GONE in a very embarrassingly short amount of time....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh man now I cant stop thinking about chocolate chip cookies.

    <3, New Follower
    Check out my $100 APART Style Giveaway

    ReplyDelete

I love comments & you! <3