Friday, August 19, 2011

The One Where I Fall in Love with a Sunflower Field

Something amazing happened last Friday.

Brett and I were driving through Maryland, on our way to Blackwater Falls for a camping trip with Lee & Jess.  Brett was driving and I was in the passenger seat.  I was mindlessly staring out the window at the scenery passing by as we drove down route 219, heading towards the state park.  Next thing I knew, I caught a glimpse of one of the most beautiful sights I have ever seen.

A sunflower field.


I'm not kidding when I say I literally started geeking out.  I looked over to Brett wide-eyed and before I even knew it, he was turning the car around and pulling into a little pebble lane that ran along side of the sunflowers.  We drove down this little lane and I was completely in awe at how gigantic this sunflower field was.  About half way down, we parked the car, jumped out, and I literally raced over to the sunflowers.  I had the biggest, geekiest smile on my face for the entire time we were there.  We had to have taken over 100 photos.  The sun was starting to set, providing the most perfect lighting for this moment.  I'm pretty sure the exact words "this is God's anniversary gift to us!" came out of my mouth on more than one occasion.

It may seem trivial to you, but I have been dreaming of coming across a sunflower field for years.  I've even gone as far as googling locations of potential sunflower fields nearby, but never came up with any results.  Taking a photo in front of a sunflower field has been on my "life list" for a long time.  And last Friday, I finally got to cross that goal off my list.


It was seriously one of the best days ever!*

12 comments:

  1. Anna! This is soo many layers of amazingness! The fact that you already are a sunflower, had sunflowers on your wedding day, love the summer and sunny things, and its your anniversary!!! The field of sun. Loving this so much! What a fantastic anniversary present! I think it's a sign! May every sunflower in that field bring you another year of a happily ever after! xox!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH!!! That is SO cool!!! And what a lovely gift for your anniversary. ^_^ I love sunflowers as well, and I'd love to take pics in a sunflower field or wheat field!!!

    Have a LOVELY day!!! And HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that does look amazing; i love it when just out of the blue, life suddenly surprises you with some unreal moment. Truly magic.
    Thanks for sharing x sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so cute! I love that your husband was totally sweet to just drive back and start snapping pictures :) The setting is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love sunflowers. thank you for sharing. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness I LOVE sunflowers too! Ahh a whole field of sunflowers... so amazing :)

    Beautiful photos

    ~Tammy
    www.bayparkdream.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, just looking at the pictures are making me feel so happy! What a beautiful simple moment in life :) You guys look adorable and obvs love the sunflowers xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, thats amazing! that just gave me the warm fuzzies all over!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, yay! My favorite picture is the one of the single sunflower. It's so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sunflower fields are amazing to me, too! I can't get over how huge those flowers can be! Makes for some pretty lovely photos too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd be geeking out, too! This is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. soo jealous of all of the sunflowers... so glad you caught pictures of them! i'd love to do a wedding shoot in a field like that some day.


    anna
    www.embracethesunshine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments & you! <3