Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My New Bike!!

Over the weekend, Brett surprised me with my very own bike!!


I've been lusting after a bike of my very own for a couple years now... I had one before, but it was honestly a piece of crap and basically didn't work.  Brett is an avid mountain biker and looooves biking.  I love biking, too but I have always just rented a bike because I couldn't take the plunge to buy myself a new one.  Well, this weekend, Brett surprised me with my very own!  He let me pick it out and everything.  And I.LOVE.it!!!  We picked it up on Saturday and went on a mini bike ride that night.  Then, on Sunday morning of our anniversary, Brett took me to Frick Park to ride on the trails.  It was a little frightening at first, since I have never really "mountain" biked before, but after a little while of getting used to it, I LOVED it!  Maybe I'm not a super pro going on all the crazy hard single tracks like Brett does, but for now I am perfectly content taking this baby on the wider, easier, safer (read: not crazy hills) trails.  I am in LOVE!

10 comments:

  1. Sweeeet! Bike-riding is so much fun, it doesn't even feel like a workout (which is what I love about it). Have fun with your new gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fabulous! teh best gift. my bike is my biggest possession actually! i ride pretty much everywhere ... it's not as nice as this one, but ... :) :) sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. FUN! I need a new bike too, just can't decide if I want mountain or road? Have a blast blazing the trails with your love:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky girl! I want a beach cruiser so badly! Have fun riding around:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! What a great surprise!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, lovely! What an awesome surprise!

    PS - You can definitely come to Portugal with me. We can ride bikes around little Portuguese towns. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greetings from the Amish Settlement of Lebanon,pa. Richard from Amish Stories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Lucky lady!!
    I've been trying to convince the mister I need a bike... hehe.. tho all the ladies ones we have seen are pink... (why!?!)... I love your white and teal bike! *totes jealous*

    Have fun!! x

    ReplyDelete

I love comments & you! <3