Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Mingo Creek Hike

It may be Spring, but Pennsylvania is pretending it's not.  It has been cold, rainy/snowy, and windy.  But this past weekend, we didn't let the crappy weather stop us from getting outside!  We are starting to get serious cabin fever, so we make sure we get outside every single chance we get.  After eating breakfast Saturday morning, we looked outside and saw the clouds part ways, so we jumped in the car ASAP and decided to go for a hike.    





We hiked for a good 2 hours (we may or may not have got lost a couple times...).  The weather was funky... it would go from sunny to cloudy to a light drizzle and back to sunny all in a matter of 5 minutes.  Luckily, the worst we saw while hiking was a light drizzle.  The weather Gods must have been on our side that day though, because literally as SOON as we got back in the car, it started POURING.  

On our way home, we drove by THIS!
Biggest watering can I've ever seen!
(Mom, I thought you'd appreciate this)

 These are our deer friends.
I tweet about them a lot.
They hang out in our backyard 24/7 and I feed them leftovers.
We are BFFs.
:)



That night, we decided to continue with our "pretend it's Spring" attitudes and grill dinner outside.  We grilled some delicious portobello burgers and sauted veggies.  We also made homemade kaiser rolls for the buns!  It was a delicious little Saturday. :)

11 comments:

  1. Wow! What a fun day! Those mushroom burgers look amazing!
    It snowed here yesterday! What a crazy spring. I can't wait to have some nice days and use the grill!

    http://alieinwonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fab day!! Despite the drizzle.. I love those times when you just get home or in the car and then the skies open up! I'm always sure to give the guy/gal upstairs a mental thanks..

    Would you care to share your recipe for kaiser buns?? They look AMAZING!!
    Mmmmmm portobello burgers.. YUMMM!!

    Caz @ Monkeying Around

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm So jealous! Husband and I love hikings, but the weather has only started to be nice some days ago... and it's supposed to start raining again tomorrow :(

    The burgers look delicious! I'm sure they were even better with homemade rolls! (I'm a homemade junkie. I love everything that's homemade)

    xoxo, Ana
    http://my-newlywedlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is pretending it's not spring here too! Those burgers look delicious! yum!

    Can't wait to hear more about the deer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a lovely saturday! and being topped off with a yummy burger...well, thats just perfection to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knowwww, where is spring? Glad you're forcing it out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for coming by to my blog and I'm sorry it's taken me so long to reply.

    I am very impressed by your homemade bread skills - do you have a recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so cool that you have deer in your backyard! And that hike looks wonderful, even if it was cold :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. matt and i alwwwwways get lost.. at least for a few minutes! we'll be talking and then one of us will be like, "um, have you seen a trail marker lately?" oops!

    are you pretty close to a bunch of trails? i have to plan out my hikes because the closest trails are about an hour away.. rar.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delicious! You should post the recipe.

    xoxo
    jane.

    P.S. Cute blog!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments & you! <3