Wednesday, June 19, 2013

New Mexico {Our Great Adventure}


New Mexico!


We spent so much time in New Mexico.  Way longer than we were expecting.  Who would have thought we would love it so much!  We spent most of our time in and around Santa Fe, but before we got there, we stopped for a night of camping at this state park overlooking a valley.  Awesome view, but at night before getting in the tent to go to sleep, I saw a scorpion.  Needless to say, I didn't sleep very well THAT night...  Our Santa Fe accommodations were much better.  :)


We rented this adorable little VRBO studio apartment in downtown Santa Fe for four nights and it was so perfect.  We did a few hikes in the Santa Fe National Forest (separate post for those) while there, but when we weren't in the forest, we were downtown exploring the area.  We walked everywhere.  There were breweries, restaurants, farmers markets, and ice cream right in the neighborhood.  Santa Fe is such a cool town.  So much history in those buildings.  It's home to the oldest church in the United States along with the oldest house (which is right next door to the oldest church).  We wandered the old streets, checking out all the cool looking buildings, artistic shops, and ate so much mexican.  I had the best tacos of my life (thus far) while in Santa Fe. 

The Santa Fe portion of our trip holds a special place in my heart because it's there that I celebrated my 28th birthday.  It was a surreal feeling, turning 28 on the road, thousands of miles from home and what you know.  I never would have thought that at 28 years old, I'd be traveling across the country with my husband who I love so dearly, while slowly making our way to our new home in California.  It's funny how life turns out and is so unpredictable (if you let it be).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments & you! <3