Sunday, October 2, 2011

Homemade Granola


A lot of people have been asking me to share my recipe for homemade granola. Granola is so expensive when you buy it at the grocery store.  Making your own is so much cheaper!  So here ya go!  My recipe for homemade granola...

4 cups quaker old fashioned oats
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
3 tbsp oil
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract

Add-ins:
1/2 - 1 cup nuts (optional - any kind you'd like)
1/3 - 2/3 cups raisins (optional)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  In a large bowl, mix together oats, cinnamon, and salt.  In a separate small bowl, mix together oil, honey, brown sugar, and vanilla extract.  Combine the two and stir until well blended.  Spread mixture onto a baking sheet covered with wax/parchment paper.  Bake for 10 minutes, then take out and sprinkle on nuts.  Bake an additional 15 minutes, then take out and sprinkle on raisins.  Let cool, then transfer to tupperware container to keep fresh.  (This amount usually makes about 2 baking sheets worth of granola.)

Today, I made a fall variation of this granola recipe -- Pumpkin Spice Granola!  All you have to do is use the above recipe, but instead of 1 tsp cinnamon, add:

2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp all spice
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ginger

Then, follow the rest of the directions just the same.  So, there ya go.  Try it!  Homemade granola is soo delicious and will seriously make your house smell heavenly.  Let me know how yours turns out if you decide to try it!*

7 comments:

  1. yum!! you're right it is expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back blondie cakes! THIS sounds amazing! And probably smells wonderful while baking! Yum! xox!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks fantastic yum!! Yeah it's super expensive, thanks for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow these looks seriously amazing, I’m drooling all over the screen here, I have to tray this receipt ASAP, I bet it taste as good at it looks! You have a lovely blog and I am a new follower! Hope you will like my blog and follow back!

    Pop Culture&Fashion Magic

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy! Thanks for sharing it! I'm pinning it to try later :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. homemade granola is the best! i've been experimenting lately with different recipes to find my fave, the best kind of taste testing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i neeeeed to try this... especially the pumpkins pice one :) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments & you! <3