Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Our Festive Fall Weekend

This weekend we celebrated Fall to the max!  The weather was chilly but so beautifully sunny.  It was the perfect Fall weather.  It was so nice to have a weekend at home with no set plans.  We just flew by the seat of our pants all weekend, doing whatever we felt like, and boy did it feel good!



Row 1:
Celebrating my new job with beers at Rock Bottom (more on that later!)
Pumpkin spice pancakes to welcome the weekend
Row 2:
Simmons Farm to go pumpkin pickin'
Loads and loads of pumpkins

Row 3:
This guy was heavy
This farm was beautiful & the weather matched

Row 4:
A couple gourds I picked out -- my favorite is the yellow & green one
Festive Fall place settings

Row 5:
Brett posing with our mini pumpkin before he chopped it up to make soup
Our attempt at pumpkin soup... it looks pretty, but it wasn't very good...

Row 6:
Homemade pumpkin curry & rice -- now this recipe did turn out good! 
My cute hubby

Ahh, so in love with Fall right now...
Having a great week so far, hope you are too!*

5 comments:

  1. Pumpkin curry and rice?? That sounds sooo good. Recipe?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome shots!!! I love Autumn, le sigh. It's my favorite season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have so enjoyed your blog and feel like I kinda know you! I woke up and couldn't sleep, got on the computer and was searching for Mary Engelbreit pictures to Pin. That's how I found your blog. Then I got all wrapped up in reading your posts and here it is time for me to get in the shower and get ready for work. Crazy huh? Anyway, congratulations on marrying your best friend! And finding the sunflower field...how neat was that??!! ...And all of your other adventures; how fun!! I'm now following your blog and look forward to reading more of your posts! I do have a blog which has been ignored lately. Maybe this was the kick in the butt for me to start blogging again! It's just so much fun to get a little peep into other people's worlds, and I've truly enjoyed the glimpse that you've shared! Thanks from your newest follower in Arizona!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta love fall! Pumpkin curry is making me hungry! Love your pics! You guys are such a cute couple! And congrats on your new job :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. gosh, i just love fall so much!! These pictures are amazing!! Pumpkin Spice Pancakes Ahhh they sound delicious!! Mmmm...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments & you! <3