Friday, October 4, 2013

Fall, I Miss You...


I made the most awesome apple pie last Fall.  I want to make it again.  But it doesn’t even remotely feel like Fall here in Southern California… It still feels like Summer.  It’s hot outside.  The leaves aren’t changing.  There is no brisk chill to the air.  I’m sure I will appreciate the nice weather come Winter time, when it’s a blizzard in Pittsburgh.  But man, do I love Fall on the East Coast.  It is the most perfect weather.  This time of year is making me miss home a lot.  I want to be doing all the fun traditional Fall things we normally do: adding pumpkin spice to everything, going to Trax Farms to pick out pumpkins, enjoying the changing leaves, and watching Brett brew his annual pumpkin beer.  It may be October, but it doesn't feel like it's the time of year to do any of these things.  We are still laying out on the beach over here... and I need my Fall fix!  I guess I’m just going to have to pretend and do all my normal Fall things anyway... But deep down, I’ll really just be wishing I was home enjoying this most perfect season where it's really happening.

On another note, HAPPY FRIDAY!*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments & you! <3