Friday, May 14, 2010

"just swing and be content"

"breathing in the hot summertime air
staring up at the crisp yellow moon
wishing on faint morning stars
letting the conversation fly free at ease
with nowhere to go
just swing and be content
with the nightly morn and yourself
and the people beside you
the people who know you better
than the stars know the moon"

***
last night after dinner,
fiancé & i walked over to harris grill for drinks on the patio.
it made me miss having a porch so bad.
just to sit outside on a summer evening, relaxing & talking
is probably one of my favorite things.
soon enough, soon enough.

some little tidbits this morning for your reading pleasure:

15 Years Ago, I . . .
1. was celebrating my 10th birthday
2. was obsessed with my bangs & headbands
3. learned about the vikings in my 4th grade social studies class (and this is honestly the only thing i remember from elementary school history classes)

10 Years Ago, I...
1. was finishing up my first year of highschool
2. sprained my ankle
3. danced in my first highschool talent show

5 Years Ago, I...
1. was in college
2. kissed brett for the first time
3. spent my summer vacation working at rite aid

3 Years Ago, I...
1. graduated from college
2. bought my first car, rusty!
3. lived in johnstown with brett & worked at metlife

1 Year Ago, I...
1. moved to pittsburgh
2. got engaged to brett!
3. ran the dogfish dash & got first place for best costume

So far this year, I...
1. went to hilton head island
2. ran a marathon
3. survived snowpocalypse 2010

Yesterday, I...
1. went shopping with brett
2. had drinks at harris grill
3. painted my nails & toes

Today, I...
1. am drinking an iced coffee
2. am wearing flipflops to work
3. get to see this little man!

Tomorrow, I...
1. am driving up to erie
2. am going to breanne's bridal shower
3. will probably partake in many girly things (at bridal shower)

how are you spending your weekend?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments & you! <3