Friday, September 16, 2011

Gettin' Crafty

First off, happy FRIDAY!

It was a total of 44 degrees this morning.  I think summer is officially over... Thank goodness we are hopping a plane to California tomorrow (!!) where we can prolong summer just a little bit longer! :)

So I was making up a list of all the things I need to pack for our trip.  I didn't want to bring my big laptop bag because then we'd have to use it as one of our carry-ons for the plane.  I was originally going to buy a laptop sleeve so I could just throw my laptop in my backpack, so we would have more room for stuff.  But then I came up with the crazy idea to make one!

Let me preface this by saying... my mother bought me a sewing machine almost 2 years ago and I have maybe used it three times (mainly to sew random brewing bags for Brett).  That being said, you can say that I am not an experienced sew-er.  But for some reason, I convinced myself that I could sew a laptop sleeve.  And I have to say... I am SHOCKED that it actually came out looking half decent:


I didn't buy one item for this laptop sleeve.  I used some random fabric that my mother gave me that she didn't need anymore and some buttons laying around the house.  And the little black closure strings?  Yeah, those are hair ties.  I didn't use a tutorial or pattern or any directions.  I completely made this up as I went along.  The only thing I did was measure my laptop to make sure that it would hopefully fit.  The whole time I was making this, I was thinking "please work, please work, please work!"  And luckily, it DID!  

Now that I've got my laptop sleeve, I'm all set for California!!* 

4 comments:

  1. wow anna good job. i can't believe you didn't have a pattern or something. it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done!! it looks fantastic!!
    have fun in cali!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is SO cute! You should totally sell these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is adorable! I've never used a sewing machine but looking at projects like this makes me want to learn how!

    Hope you are enjoying Cali!!! <3

    ReplyDelete

I love comments & you! <3