Monday, March 29, 2010

"Go on Hitch a Ride on the Back of a Butterfly..."

I spent the past Thursday night with Brett and my dad at the Train concert. And let me just say, I was blown away. I was never really a big fan, just kinda knew some of their more popular songs. So when it was announced that they were coming to Pittsburgh, we decided that it would be fun to go. Plus, they were playing at the beautiful Carnegie Music Hall. This was the first time I had ever been to Carnegie Music Hall - it is GORGEOUS. Everything was made out of marble and velvet. I have a deep love for old theaters and this one made me love them even more.



From the moment Train walked out on stage, they had so much energy and charisma. They're singing and playing was dead on throughout the whole show. The lead singer, Pat Monahan (from Erie, PA yeah!) had such great stage presence! I loved how they involved the audience throughout the concert, bringing fans on stage and making them sing. I definitely walked out of that concert with a much better experience than I was expecting. Truly awesome.

What the show did for me more than anything was reassure my love for live music. Being in that beautiful theater, watching a band put on an amazing show with such passion for what they do really made me remember why I love music and live shows so much. When I'm at a concert, I feel like I'm in another world. Everything about the atmosphere, the music, the musicians, the fans, and the whole feel of the night just wows me every time and makes me want to strive to have that kind of passion in my day to day life.

I plan on going to more and more shows this year. Even if I don't know the band well, I love going to shows and discovering new music. Tomorrow, Brett and I are planning on going to see the South Memphis String Band at Club Cafe in the Southside. I'm really excited about that! I'll let you all know how it is!*

(PS - Sorry for the bad quality pictures... they were taken on my iPhone)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments & you! <3