Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Get Outside


I started running outside again.  It's finally the point in the winter where the sun is lingering just long enough for me to get in a run on the trail before being overcome with darkness.  For a couple months every winter, it gets too dark too early for me to run on the trail after work.  And I have to resort to working out inside.  But once it finally hits the point where I can get outside again, it's awesome.  Nothing beats running on the trail outside.  It's invigorating.  It's exhilarating.  It's peaceful.  It's the perfect way to wind down from a stressful day of work.  It's my 'me' time.  And it also doesn't hurt that it coincides with the most perfect point in the day where the sun is setting beautifully behind the trees. 

{Above photo of the sunset when I got home from my run yesterday.
It was even prettier on the trail.
I need to bring my camera next time...}

4 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to start running again. This inspired me just a little more!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so... incredibly... hard for me to get motivated to run in the cold winter temperatures, and for some reason I always think I hate running until I actually get out and do it, and then I think, "wow, I really love doing this." This post is a great reminder to myself of that.

    ~Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  3. While I have the hardest time staying motivated enough to run AFTER work, this extra daylight in the evenings is divine! I'm looking forward to having some longer runs after work when this rain finally goes away!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments & you! <3