Thursday, December 13, 2012

Moro Rock - Kings Canyon {California 2012 Recap}

The last hike we did in Kings Canyon National Park was Moro Rock.  I was almost not going to partake in the hike (because of my tooth) and just let Brett go, but once we got to the trail head, I couldn't resist.

Moro Rock is a granite dome rock formation that has a stairway cut into it so you can hike to the top.  That's 400 steps straight up to the top of the rock.  And on either side of you, all you see is a great plunge into the abyss.  The views at the top are seriously insane.  I am not generally afraid of heights, but I found myself clinging to the railing pretty much the entire time. 


These were the stairs to get up and down...
(kinda frightening!)

And the view of the top from where we parked our car...

And the view from our car while driving down the mountain and out of the park...
(So so high up in the sky!  I can't believe we were at the top of it!)

Insane.  I am so glad I decided to do the hike.
I'll never forget that feeling of being on top of the world with Brett.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! i would LOVE to do that hike- or to just visit that park! i cannot believe how few CA state parks i've been to...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments & you! <3