Friday, May 18, 2012

Kayaking on Smith Mountain Lake

Happy Friday!!*

I'm in a great mood this morning!  Maybe it has something to do with the fact that tomorrow is my birthday! :)  And the weather is supposed to be amazing this weekend!
 
Anywho, it's Friday and I'm all hopped up on coffee, so let's bust out my last recap post from our little road trip down to Smith Mountain Lake.  Continuing on with one of my favorite days from our trip... After we spent the morning hiking up to Sharp Top, we made our way back down to the lake to do some kayaking!    

The sun was shining, the weather was warm, the views were awesome... we were happy!

In the midst of our kayaking, we can across a little island in the middle of the lake!
No one there but us...

The views were really gorgeous.
We were completely surrounded by mountains.

It was the perfect way to spend the afternoon.
And even more perfect was the little restaurant right on the shore where we had dinner after.

This day was one for the books. 
And now, I wish I lived near a body of water so I could own a kayak...

Happy weekend!!*

4 comments:

  1. I love this!! We're still waiting on the weather to warm up out here (Puget Sound) before we go out Kayaking (for the first time). I'm nervous/excited.

    Love the photos, and the post-activity meal. Those are my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun and amazing day! We've only been kayaking on "rough" water (in a river, which I suppose is easy at times, and ocean). I'm jealous of all your outdoorsy activities. D and I don't get outside enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey very nice blog!

    my webpage: Orange County restaurants

    ReplyDelete
  4. I drop a comment whenever I especially enjoy a post on a website
    or I have something to valuable to contribute to the conversation.

    It's a result of the passion displayed in the article I looked at. And on this article "Kayaking on Smith Mountain Lake". I was actually moved enough to post a comment ;-) I actually do have a couple of questions for you if you tend not to mind. Is it only me or does it look like some of the comments look like left by brain dead visitors? :-P And, if you are posting on other places, I'd like to follow you.
    Could you make a list all of all your communal sites like your
    twitter feed, Facebook page or linkedin profile?


    Feel free to surf to my blog post ... Secured personal loan

    ReplyDelete

I love comments & you! <3