Thursday, April 19, 2012

Moraine State Park

I think I've officially caught the bug...

Lately, I cannot get enough of mountain biking!  My husband has been into it for a while now and finally got me obsessed too.  I got a bike last August and he's been showing me the ropes ever since.  It wasn't until just recently that I really started to get the hang of it and didn't want to cry every time I had to ride down a huge hill with tons of rocks and tree roots... but now I love it!  There's just something so exciting about getting on your bike and making your way deep into the woods away from everyday civilization.  I now catch myself staring into random patches of woods along my drives, wondering if there's a mountain biking trail back there.  I love it!


A couple weeks ago, we headed up to Moraine State Park for a nice 4 hour mountain biking session.  It was awesome.  There was barely anyone out and the weather was gorgeous.  After a few hours of riding, we found ourselves at this huge lake in the middle of the park and just took a moment to sit and enjoy the view.  Mountain biking with Brett is my favorite.  

2 comments:

  1. Not a bad bug to catch!! :) Good to hear you are enjoying life friends

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Even though I'm training for a triathlon, I'm still a bit nervous on a bike. Mountain biking...no way. I tried that when D and I went camping in Virginia. I was scared to death and ended up pushing my bike part of the way ;) It's great that you guys found something you both like to stay active!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments & you! <3