Wednesday, June 2, 2010

"the human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearranged by the hand of man..."

we are back from our 3 day camping trip at the quemahoning reservoir!
IT WAS AWESOME!
i'm pretty much ready to go back right now...

shall we recap via photo?
let's!


our campsite
notice the rafts...
we spent a looot of time laying on those in the middle of the lake :)

jess and her pup, riley!

isn't he adorable? he LOVED camping


brett & i were eyeing up this sailboat all weekend
definitely on our list to own one day :)


we found these awesome rocks off the beaten path
they were high above the lake
and made for very sweet jumping platforms
(top: brett, bottom: dan & breanne, and i jumped too!)


gorgeous, i want to go back already

attempting to chop wood...

brett taking over :)


breathtaking...

"I remember a hundred lovely lakes,
and recall the fragrant breath of pine and fir and cedar and poplar trees.
The trail has strung upon it,
as upon a thread of silk, opalescent dawns and saffron sunsets.
It has given me blessed release from care and worry
and the troubled thinking of our modern day.
It has been a return to the primitive and the peaceful.
Whenever the pressure of our complex city life
thins my blood and benumbs my brain,
I seek relief in the trail;
and when I hear the coyote wailing to the yellow dawn,
my cares fall from me - I am happy."
~Hamlin Garland


how was everyone's memorial day weekend?!*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments & you! <3