Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Easter!

Hello all!

How is everyone today? I hope you all had great Easter weekends! My weekend was absolutely wonderful. The weather was FANTASTIC the entire weekend, how perfect.

On Friday, Brett and I grilled some tasty shish kabobs including red peppers, sweet onions, shrimp, and sweet potatoes. They were delicious (even if we had to use Popsicle sticks because we couldn't find any skewers at the store...). I was too excited to eat them to take any pictures, sorry! And what made Friday night even more awesome... as I was assembling my work-of-art shish kabobs, my phone goes off with a new tweet message: jeshi "Hehehehehe :-X (@ Anna and Brett's home)." Say what?! I open our door, run downstairs, and find my brother Lee and future sister-in-law Jess (also my maid of honor) peering through the window with beer and a guitar! Let the fun night begin! And fun we had. This is usually what happens when Brett and Lee are together...
...while Jess and I drink and get yelled at for talking too loud causing the boys not to be able to hear themselves play. :)

On Saturday, we headed over to my parents' house for Easter festivities (celebrating a day early). We pretty much played cornhole the whole afternoon before feasting on Easter dinner.


{I'm pretty sure we were discussing bachelor/bachelorette parties at this point}

After dinner, some took naps, some ate desserts, and everyone chatted and enjoyed each other's company. And the Easter bunny came! To be 24 years old and still get an Easter basket... it's wonderful. My darling mother gave me this beautiful flower in my Easter basket:

Though she did say that once we are married, no more Easter baskets... just household goods! No complaining here! So this year marks the last Easter basket I'll receive.

Sunday started with an 18 mile run. Woof! As most of you know, I am currently in the middle of training for a marathon. And yesterday was my 18 miler. I will not lie.. it was tough, but I made it through! And then downed about 5 large bottles of water. Once I was re-hydrated and not a sweatball anymore, it was time to brew "Anna's Birthday Brew"!! My fiance Brett has taken up the hobby of homebrewing and it's pretty awesome. He absolutely loves it and it has become quite a passion of his in our neat little kitchen. And I'm being honest, the beer tastes GOOD! At first... not so much. But he's really gotten the hang of it. I do not really take part in the brewing, it's more of his guy thing. But Brett decided that it would be fun to teach me the ropes and brew a birthday brew together! We decided to brew a Hefeweizen. And it will be ready to drink just in time for my birthday in May! Brewing takes a long time. It took up most of the day... there would be a lot to do really quickly and then wait wait wait for something to boil, cool, etc. But all in all, it was a fun experience and I can't wait to see how it turns out!

So that was my weekend in a nutshell... and now it's Monday already. Time flies too fast.

How did you spend your Easter weekend?!*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments & you! <3