Thursday, May 8, 2014

Our Great Adventure -- One Year Later...

Last year on this very day, May 8th 2013, Brett and I pulled out of the driveway of our house in Pittsburgh to embark on one of the most amazing experiences of our lives.  Our Great Adventure!  We spent the entire month of May living on the road traveling on the greatest cross-country trip we could have ever imagined.  We explored and adventured around the United States with complete freedom and excitement, making up our journey as we traveled along.  I love looking back at photos and thinking of all the amazing memories we created during this time...


I am certain that this trip will always be one of my most favorite memories of my entire life.  I am so happy we plunged in and took the risks that we did to do this.  I am a changed person because of the things we did.  I will forever be grateful.  I can't believe it has already been a year since this crazy adventure began.  And all that has happened since then... spending a month on the road living out of our car having some of the best experiences ever, moving across the entire country to California: a place completely different and new to us, making some of the most amazing memories as Californians and learning so much about ourselves in the process, and then completing a second cross-country road trip to move back home to Pittsburgh to start a new chapter of our wild lives.  What a whirlwind!

And now I sit here today, thinking back on this amazing time and can't help but get extremely nostalgic.  I am so thankful that Brett and I are able to do things like this.  To trust each other to take risks, jump out of our comfort zone, explore new places, and always say yes to adventures.  I wouldn't want it any other way.  We only get one of these awesome things called life and we are determined to make ours count!

This is not the end.  We will never stop exploring.  Never.
Here's to many more amazing adventures to come!*

4 comments:

  1. I had THE biggest goosebumps reading through this! I love reading more about your trip and adventures through the ongoing blog posts. Your memories are beyond precious and completely irreplaceable and it's so clear how much your cherish them! I personally found I have to keep the memories alive by recounting them and reliving them time and time again. So thrilled for you two. So thrilled to find more adventurous souls to be able to relate to. BIG hugs to you guys today!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do the same thing - recounting and reliving the memories as much as possible. I know you feel the same way!!! xoxo

      Delete
  2. I love traveling nostalgia. Those are my feelings about the month we spent in Europe. We are definitely so, so lucky to embark on the greatest adventures, the ability to explore, and just live. Your words are the best here. Thanks for reminding me why adventures are the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, so glad there are other people out there who feel the same way!

      Delete

I love comments & you! <3