Friday, June 1, 2012

June! And a Baby Deer!

Happy June!
I can't believe it's June already.  This year is flying by!

Can we just talk about this picture for a moment?!

Yesterday morning, there was an adult deer sitting in our yard as we were getting ready for work.  It was sitting sort of funny, but I didn't think anything of it and left for work.  On my way to work, I get a text from Brett (who leaves for work later than me) saying that the deer just had a baby!  Like BIRTHED a baby deer IN OUR BACKYARD.  Brett said it was covered in slime and was trying to stand up over and over again but just kept falling down in the process.  We have a fence around our yard, so Brett opened the gates before he left for work, in case the baby learned how to walk while we were gone and wanted to get out of our yard.

When we got home from work, the baby deer was still in our yard and was in the process of learning to walk (above photo)!  It was just walking/stumbling back and forth around our yard. It.was.the.cutest.thing.I.have.ever.seen!!! I think it was too scared to come down to the gate to get out, so Brett ended up scooping it up in a basket and putting it over on the other side of the fence.  And then it stumbled/ran straight to its mama!  It was AMAZING!

So that's my exciting story for the week.  It was just such a cool thing to witness.  I never would have thought I'd ever see something like that happen.  It was awesome.

Anywho, Happy June!!  Tomorrow at this time, Brett and I will be on our way to Hilton Head!!  I have been so so busy this week that I didn't have any time to schedule any posts for while I'm gone, so the blog is going to be a little quiet over the next week.  But I'll be back the following week!

So happy weekend and happy next week to you!
I'll catch ya Monday the 11th :)

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww soo sweet! I love deer!! Have a great time at hilton head!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so amazing Anna! WHat a sweet story x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't you heard the old chinese proverb, "He who have deer birthed in his yard will have 7 years good luck." ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. GORGEOUS! I've never seen a deer in real life - you're so lucky! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is awesome! We had a robin's nest right outside our door last year. She had 4 baby birds hatch and we watched them grow and saw all 4 of them take their first flight out of the nest. It is a beautiful thing!

    Hope you are enjoying your vacation!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments & you! <3