Thursday, March 22, 2012

St. Patrick's Day at Raccoon State Park

This year, we took a different approach to St. Patrick's Day.  Instead of drinking for endless hours, we decided to get outside and enjoy the insanely gorgeous weather by going mountain biking instead!  We headed up to Raccoon State Park in the early afternoon.  It was pretty muddy and all of the trees still had their "Winter death" look to them since it IS still March, but nevertheless, the weather was warm and it still felt awesome to get some fresh air!


I know what you're thinking and it's okay to be jealous of our awesome helmet fashion.  Safety first!  I didn't take many pictures because obviously it's kind of impossible to mountain bike and hold a camera at the same time... but every time we rested I got a few shots!

It was really nice to get outside and have a productive St. Patrick's Day, instead of the usual 'start drinking at 10am, pass out by 8pm, feel like death the next morning' kind of day.  We did indulge in a few beers later that evening (and homemade reubens!), but I must say it was nice to wake up on Sunday morning feeling great.  Brett and Anna = 1, Sunday Hungover People = 0.  Oh yeah!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Anna,

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and saying hello. I recognized you from Instagram and was happy to see that you'd visited!

    Looks like your St. Patty's Day was well spent; you are a girl after my own heart with your love and appreciation for nature and the outdoors (something that definitely inspires me, too)!

    And I totally agree with you on the holiday libations...hangovers = No bueno! :)

    Hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angie, thank you for the sweet sweet comment! Have a great day!! :)

      Delete

I love comments & you! <3