Friday, December 2, 2011

Happy Memory of the Moment

So... every once in a while, a random memory will pop into my head completely out of nowhere.  It's usually a really specific memory of being in a certain place, at a certain time, doing or saying certain things.  Does this happen to anyone else?  Am I talking complete gibberish?

Annnnyway, these little random memories are usually very happy ones and bring a smile to my face.  So I thought I might start sharing them on the blog... just whenever a random happy memory pops into my mind.  A lot of times, I have photos relating to those little memories too.  So I'll probably post a photo or two, accompanying my little trip down memory lane.  So here we go:

*******

Happy Memory of the Moment


September 2011.  Brett and I.  Sitting at the LAX airport at 5am, waiting for our flight home to Pittsburgh.  Starbucks coffee.  Cinnamon coffee cake for me and blueberry muffin for Brett.  We were reminiscing about the wonderful vacation we just had in Southern California.  We were dreaming about the future and our potential entrepreneurial ideas.  We were talking of our plans to make an offer on the house that we now own (!!).  And all the while, I was thinking about how happy I was to be sitting across from my best friend and knowing that everything we go through, we get to go through together.  It was a quiet and content morning and all was right with the world.  

8 comments:

  1. Aw how sweet. I love how the simplest moments are the ones that stick to our heads. I think that this post just reminds me that when you're with the right person, everything else becomes right too!

    Happy weekend!

    xo, Ana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely, gorgeous and super sweet post! <3 Also, you are totally NOT speaking gibberish. I have happy moments pop into my head quite often. ^_^ Some of them are recent, some are from yeeeears ago! I love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's such a sweet little story! love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is adorable . . . you have a very sweet blog and really fun pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful idea for a post! And what a sweet memory :) Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i do that, too!! i'll do weird ones from being little, sometimes, and i won't know if it's real and i'll have to ask my mom. like "hey mom, did we go to a man's house once who owned a hot air balloon and had a little girl whose baby dolls were kinda dirty?" that's a true one. and it's real. but yours is definitely way better!!! what a happy memory :) so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a beautiful moment indeed.. :)

    x

    Marielle

    ReplyDelete
  8. starbucks always makes a moment great in my book!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments & you! <3