Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Updates


So it's been a little quite 'round these parts lately.  I haven't had much time to blog, but for good reason!  Actually for a couple good reasons...

1.  I got a new job!  I left my previous position of 2 1/2 years as an Accountant at the University of Pittsburgh and took a new similar job as an Accountant with UPMC.  I still do similar things and work with a lot of the same offices since Pitt and UPMC work together, I'm just in a new department.  I was feeling uninspired with my old position and decided that some change would be good, so I started applying to other positions.  Within about a month, I was being offered a new position with a nice salary increase and an office with windows!  Windows excite me.  It's the little things, people...  I've now been at my new position for a little over 2 weeks.  So far, so good!  

2.  We're buying a house!  Yes, yes, yes.  You may recall long ago, when I mentioned that Brett and I were starting to look into the house buying process.  Well, after looking for over a year, we finally found a house we adore!  Yes, we were very picky.  It's a 2 story home with 4 bedrooms and 1 1/2 baths.  It's in a great area, on a cute little dead-end street.  We are scheduled to close Mid-November (so close!) and seriously cannot wait.  We’ve been renting for the past 5 years, so this will be our very first purchased home and we’re so excited to make it our own.  And we’ll be all moved in for just in time for the Christmas season.  Ahh, I can't wait.

So now you understand what has been stealing all of my blogging time!  Some pretty big (but AWESOME) life changes.  Things are falling nicely into place.  Slowly but surely I will be getting back into my blogging routine.  But please bare with me until then!  I can't wait to be blogging from our very own HOME! :)

Life is good.

4 comments:

  1. Yayyy! Congratulations and Congratulations! Happy happy adventures in route for Mr and Mrs! And Anna at work! woot woot! xox!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new job!

    AND the home!!!

    Such great blessings :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow so exciting! I just found your blog, and love it! Now I'm following you!
    If you have a second to check out my blog, I would appreciate it!
    The Allred Abode

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the new job and THE HOUSE! Hope escrow goes smoothly :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments & you! <3